Saturday, December 14, 2013

Titled Even More Farmers Market Stuff and Other Things

I forgot to post a picture of the desert I had after the lamb:


A delicious baked apple, with dates, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon inside. All while looking for the hottest deals in the latest issue of Clipper Magazine. Don't be a rag doll, go see Jersey Boys at the Forrest Theater in a limited engagement! Act Now!

I've really fallen behind taking pictures of my smoothies in various locations, so take my word for it, I've been eating them. If I had a picture of an empty chia seed bag, I'd post it.

Here's a picture of tuna fish:



It's seen the light. It's on a mission from God to save the orphanage it was raised in.

For dinner, I made burgers with beef from Lindenhof Farm (http://lindenhoffarm.net/) and kale and japanese parsnips from Two Gander Farm (http://twoganderfarm.com/). Not good picture to follow:


Hands down the worst food photograph I've taken. But it tasted really good. It's the first time I've tried farm raised beef. It was delicious, especially with grilled onions and mushrooms. Normally I saute kale with olive oil and garlic, but I didn't want to with this meal, so I just steamed it? I dunno, I put it in a skillet with a little bit of vegetable stock, put a lid on it, pumped the heat and waited til the kale was tender. Plain? Maybe with your regular average ordinary every day kale, but not this stuff. It was really flavorful.

 The fun new veggies I tried, though, were the japanese parsnips. They're smaller than regular parsnips, and even sweeter. They went really well with the burgers and greens, especially how I prepared them. I roasted them and then tossed them in a home made honey mustard dressing. Terrific.

The next day, the first of two snowfalls came to Downingtown. Some lovely pictures, w/ and w/out smoothie:







I helped my mother make Spaghetti and Meatballs. My favorite food. Just one picture:


Desert?


Until next time! Socca! Darts!

 













No comments:

Post a Comment