Sunday, December 15, 2013

So last Tuesday I woke up and had another smoothie. Still snow.




For lunch I made the golden beets I got at the farmers market and some more socca, Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the beets after roasting. They were teeny tiny golden beets, though. I cut the rough parts off and roasted them with their skins on, with olive oil and salt and pepper. I was interested to see how they would taste with skins on. They were delicious. Very naturally sweet and earthy and delicious.

For the socca, I decided to add some off the kalamata olives I had left over from the puttanesca sauce I made.


Also parsley, salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and some fresh sage.


And the result above looks like a giant papa john's pistachio cookie. Troy Aikman wants to dip it in the garlic butter. But seriously....it was great. Nice and salty from the olives, which I really like.

And then I was on my way into the heart of darkness, to watch my sister and her team compete in the Olde English dart league playoffs. I love this stupid fake snow:




After riding in on the wonderful Septa R5 line, I ended up at a place called Mckenna's in South Philly. I can only describe this as an establishment for the discriminating gentleman. No glassware. Jameson in plastic cups with a bottle of Bud for $6. Any money I saved on drinks was spent on the jukebox. Winning hearts and minds with El Scorcho, Into the Mystic, Why Can't This Be Love, and Cannonball.

Not a place to get too many pics. My sister in her most comfortable cold weather dart throwing attire:



Get something newer!

No pictures of what I ate later that night. Just wonderful memories of a delicious Wawa hoagie, as only they can do.






No comments:

Post a Comment