Monday, December 16, 2013

The post of 2 delicious meals I ate for dinner. Also, a promise to do spell and grammar check. That last post with the commas and periods. Ugh.

The first dish is one I haven't made in quite a few years. Not sure why, as it's delicious. It's been cold and wintery, and I wanted some delicious hearty soup that wasn't meat based. So, it was peanut soup time. When I first read this recipe I couldn't really comprehend it tasting good. But it works and...opens up a whole 'nother world of...peanut butter. My father had two bowls.

The ingredients:




Peanuts, red onion, sweet potatoes, garlic, ginger, kale, peanut butter, chicken broth, whole peeled tomatoes, and coconut milk.

So, I used chicken broth, because it's what was on hand. You could really use whatever you want. And probably add chicken. But I find the sweet potatoes and kale and broth satisfying enough.

Some hot prep pics!



This stuff is really easy to make.


I'm really disappointing myself with my awful food pictures. A couple things to note. The sweet potatoes in this were really sweet, making it extra delicious to this guy. Also, yes, those are denim Ralph Lauren Polo place mats. Cause nothing's more appetizing than eating off of someones folded jeans.

So there was more smoothie, which was breakfast for another delicious meal. Eggplant Parmesan. It's Mario Batali's recipe, which means no breading of the moulinyan. Just roasting, then stacking and baking.


So those get roasted, put in a a big baking dish, chopped basil, mozarella, parmesan, sauce, repeat, with some breadcrumbs on top. You get this:


Looks awful. Yuck.


It's messy so it's hard to get a good plate shot. Oh well, I keep my streak alive. Some delicious hand rolled Wegman's Italian bread on the dish.


Better believe it.




1 comment:

  1. Finally fewer commas.
    Finally something I want to make. Let's see if it happens. I thought I commented on the last post but you gotta put up a socca recipe. mine always look like crap.
    At least you aren't eating off of actual laundry.

    ReplyDelete