Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Phase 2, in which Doris gets her oats.

We get less healthy then healthier with the following meals. Smoothie, breakfast, again. But dinner?


Taking pictures to post to a blog, even if I'm the only one reading, is forcing me to be aware of what I eat. Even more than writing a food diary. I like that. It also means I put pictures of hot dogs and beans and fries and beer up. I've eaten this meal since I was 4. I have never gotten sick of it. It has never failed to satisfy and taste delicious.

On to more....smoothie! I make these every morning. When the recipe I'm using changes I will show a picture of the ingredients.



Now the fun stuff, some cooking. Below, the ingredients for Pasta Alla Puttenesca.



Pictured is spaghetti, canned tomatoes, anchovies, kalamata olives, garli, lemon, capers, and parsley. Not pictured: Red Pepper flakes, olive oil, and parmesan cheese.

This is ridiculously easy and one of my favorites. It's salty and spicy and savory and big and bold and great. Throwing the anchovies in oil to melt, and the aroma, mixed with a head of garlic, and pepper flakes is intense. I love it.


I try to avoid shots like this, but I was so excited to eat, I messed up my dish for a proper photo. So this is the wonderful vibrant sauce after simmering for 20 minutes.


That's my half-hearted attempt at a more camera pleasing plate on the left. Also a spinach and arugala salad in a simple oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. And the bottom of a wine glass...which had wine in it.

In Rio Bravo, all Ricky Nelson and Dean Martin need is their rifle and pony:


All I need is my wine, my puttanesca, and me.

Until next time, when I have Downingtown Farmers Market photos, I remain the Falconer.








No comments:

Post a Comment