Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights

What a great film that was, right?

...

So I made some delicious food this past week, and also ate some delicious good prepared by other people.


How pretty is that? Cherry tomatoes and edible flowers and oil and vinegar and salt and pepper.


A delicious roast beet, green bean and onion salad. Yum!


And a delicious asparagus, scallion and goat cheese tart. Delish. 

Then I went to a Cuban place in Corona and had delicious Estrella beer and roast pork and rice and beans and sweet plantains...oh and the best espresso I've ever had...unfortunately, no pic.




That was so good I was ready for the good lord to take me. 

Also unpictured, the appetizers...I was too busy eating. There was croquettes (Cuban style...they were like potato croquettes, but only texture wise) they were great. Everything was, really. Independent of my love of this style of food. Also some tostones, some fried yuca, and my favorite, some mind melting chorizo. 

Man alive. What a week.

1 comment: