Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Return to Blogging (Hit it, Enigma!)


I haven't updated my blog because I hadn't been cooking because I ended up in the hospital the Sunday after Christmas. I was buying foodstuffs at lovely Wegman's in beautiful Downingtown, Pennsylvania, when, after placing the miller high life and dinosaur bbq sauce and celery I had purchased in the front seat, attempting motor vehicle safety, I reached for my seat belt, and felt immediate blinding pain in my back and right leg. And that was that.

I got to ride in an ambulance, and got to meet 2 terrific volunteer firefighters, both around my size, who empathized with the pain I was in...and that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the wings I had been planning to make and eat during the Eagles/Cowboys game later that night.They made an awful situation somewhat less awful. Also, the two shots of Dilaudid helped.

After discharge, I ate a delicious Wawa hoagie.

So, I was in bed for a week. I missed New Years Eve. I missed farmer's markets. I missed out on cooking. Then I got called to return to work at the IRS.

That means a drastic change in my eating habits. I'm not gonna cook as much. But I will cook. I also am not gonna eat as much because, and I'm translating here what the doctors told me, "I'm too fucking fat".

At least I'm down some pounds from my Walter Hudson phase:


I'm still paying the county for the wall removal, backhoe and wench.

So, I'm working in an office where there's no place to walk around for food. This means I'm making all the food I'm eating there. Which I take as a challenge.  But all that will come out over time. Let's get to the damn food already.

Smoothie. The usual. This time with Mike Francesa on in the background. And remotes. (Also, take note, I'm trying to follow my sister's advice. Any mistakes are mine)


I also got cherries to put in:



 So I'm taking salads to work. And sandwiches. There's gonna be lots of salad pics. With homemade honey mustard vinaigrette.

Um, Watercress and spring mix? And radishes.


Spring mix, collard greens, spinach.....and radishes.




I'm just being obnoxious, hahahaha. I like the first picture, though.

So, I ate one of two different sandwiches each day.

Sardine, avocado, onion, mustard and sriracha


 
Second pic is awful. But I like that first one. It grew on me.

Egg salad and beets


Yum!

I ate various healthy things for dinner throughout the week. Not too many pics. Some food prepared by me, some by the amazing Pesqueira's.

I only have a couple pics. Marsala mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and collard greens in random states.



I also made some more baked beans to have with all of the above in various combos.

I have even more pics, but this update is long enough. More and better food and pics for next time.

Holla.






No comments:

Post a Comment