Friday, January 24, 2014

Mushroom mania


I've been doin smoothies, salads, sardines for lunch. I bought 2 pounds of mushrooms to make mushroom millet soup, inspired by feudfood.blogspot.com

I was too lazy...to make soup. Lol. 

Instead, I made socca. I love the stuff for various reasons. Most because of flavor, but also because I make it differently every time, it's just time an temp that is around the same.

 If you couldn't tell from reading this blog, I'm not a recipe nut that goes by the book everyone I make a dish.

So, besides the ton of mushrooms, another twist was that the supermarket did not have plain garbanzo flour from bobs red mill. There are 5 pound bags of the stuff in the ethnic aisle with Indian food, but I don't want that much. What the market did have was bobs red mill garbanzo and fava bean flour. I figured I'd try it out.

Uncooked socca. With sautéed mushrooms added.



I wasn't kidding about the mushrooms. Also lots of parsley and onion powder and salt and pepper. So they go in the oven and viola!


Those sons of guns were delicious. 

While at work, I also insist on drinking only the finest coffee. Because the stuff here is dreck. I have a handy dandy French press cup and coffee roasted in bucks county pa.:


I like my coffee strong, black, and bitter.......like Barry Bonds......

Also, I love roasted beets in salad, dammit!


Mmm mmmm mmmmmm mmm mmm

As the sun goes down, the creatures of the night call to me. Oh what beautiful music they make!



The call to me. 


I cannot resist. So I eat them.


Ok, we get it with the Dracula stuff you dope. 

I guess some people would find that picture gross or stomach turning. I don't. I've converted. The king Oscar bristling sardines are effing delicious. Just give me a fork. There's lots of different sardine types, and bristling are small and tender and only found off the waters of Norway. 

Every spring, peas grow there.

I change it up with boneless skinless sardines which are usually from morocco and considerably plumper. If what I read is to be believed, they're better than tuna too, because they don't have mercury in them because they're low on the fish food chain...or something. I dunno, leave me alone!

What else can I tell ya?

1 comment:

  1. Look at those curly locks. Nice single serve french press ya dope. mine cracked inside so now there's liquid in the in-between layer and it's making me crazy.
    I gotta re-try making the socca.

    ReplyDelete