Saturday, May 17, 2014

The head the tail the whole damn thing

Well, this is gonna be a mish mosh post. I forget to take pictures, but whatevs.

 My leg is still effed in terms of stamina, so I'm not a cooking machine. So I made the cooking come to me, as you'll see a little later. 


I got a little rice cooker/steamer to enable my laziness. Cooking is millet with vegetable stock and tofu. Steaming is broccoli and cauliflower. 

I add this:


And the awful food pic that results??


I think I bought that from oriental trading company in high school and left it in the mens room.

I also made delicious salad.


That's broccoli and tomato and really good cucumber and avocado and baby arugala mix topped with sriracha and tahini.

And then I went to the mets game! First if the season. Lots of hot prep.


The shirt that gets me lots of compliments from overweight men. A beloved 29th birthday gift from Lindsay Zamora that I'll treasure for life.


Would you buy a bobblehead from this man?!?!?

So, with the rice cooker, I rediscovered beans. I lived off them for awhile, but like any OCD freak, I eat in phases. So I had to quit them to rediscover how much I love them. 

This shit (pardon my French) is where it's at:


That's rice with turmeric, pinto beans, steamed red peppers, and avocado. Nothing else. No accessories needed. Put me on a dessert or desert island, and I'll live happily with my volleyball.

Til next time.

P.S. 

Oh and the mets lost, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment